Monday, March 23, 2020

Weekend blog




I didn’t post all weekend...
I truly forgot, until last night...
And last night I wasn’t in the mood.
I decided I’d blog this morning with my coffee.

I also decided last night to set the goal this week of asleep by midnight out of bed by 7.
This is pretty standard for me in normal times... in fact in normal times, on weekdays, if i am not out of bed before the alarm goes off at 6:45 the cats pretty much muscle me out by 7.

But last week this was a struggle...
In fact the last two weeks it’s been tricky - i think i have been reading too much news at bedtime...
Not sleeping well as a result
And then dragging in the morning...

Now that i am middle aged that doesn’t work good for my body or my mind...
So... this week
No headlines at bedtime and up and at ‘em on the morning.

This will require some compromise from the Mrs who likes to watch Maddow at bedtime
And likes also to have me next to her at that time.
I’ll either need to be elsewhere or she’ll have to save Maddow for the morning...

The weekend was mostly good.
Though i did lose it on ‘Zilla yesterday afternoon.
She’d had a pretty much free day and the two things i asked her to do; come on a walk with the family and do the dishes, were met with so much resistance that I kind went Taz on her...

But we had some good times too; zoom drinks with friends on Friday night, a beautiful walk at Lampson Falls, lots of cards, bike rides and I visited my mother (kept social distance out on the deck), and took her a latte and she fed me leftover St. Paddy’s Day corned beef (yum). It’s the first time I’d seen her in about 3 weeks and that’s weird.
We managed Girl Scout cookie drop offs and did some house cleaning/reorganization as well. So other than the distancing we had a pretty normal weekend... i mean as normal as we ever get.




No comments:

Post a Comment